The Homelessness Learning Hub (HLH) is brought to you by the Canadian Observatory on Homelessness (COH) and is funded by the Government of Canada. The Homelessness Learning Hub is the result of a series of stakeholder surveys, interviews and focus groups that were used to better understand the sector's professional development needs and to align building community capacity on national priorities.
By registering for the HLH, you agree to respect the terms and conditions as indicated. If you, the User, do not agree to these terms, you may not use the HLH, or, but not limited to, participate in the discussion forums, download materials or copy resources.
The COH reserves the right to update or modify these terms at any time without notice to Users.
These Terms refer to the use of the HLH and do not extend to linked third-party sites. The present terms and conditions contain the entire agreement between you and the COH regarding the HLH.
- Users are fully responsible for any activity conducted under their username and password.
- Once published, all documentation is public information on the HLH. Users will need to request appropriate authorization before posting any content.
- Privacy considerations include, but are not limited to, obtaining written consent when downloading photographs of identifiable individuals, particularly vulnerable or homeless individuals.
- HLH is a safe and positive environment for exchanging ideas. The COH reserves the right to edit or remove any inflammatory, abusive or inappropriate comments and content. Any user who repeatedly displays inappropriate content will be banned from the HLH.
- To ensure maximum use of the HLH, accounts will be disabled if Users do not log in for a period of sixty (60) days or more. Users will receive a notice informing them.
Participation in the Homelessness Learning Hub
The HLH is moderated only by the COH.
Authorization and responsibility
The HLH is a public forum fed by the contents of Users. The opinions, products and services defended by the Users of the HLH do not necessarily reflect those of the COH. Users will be responsible for all activities occurring on behalf of User accounts, whether authorized by Identified Users or not. Designated Users will be responsible for the compliance of the Identified Users' data with this Agreement and the fact that the Identified Users have ownership of all Data of the Identified Users or the right to use them.
Although the Government of Canada funded the creation of the HLH, the opinions and interpretations of this forum remain those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the Government of Canada.
If you have concerns about specific content, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Standards for Comments
Comments, questions, opinions, support and ideas about the HLH are welcome. Answers and direct messages will be read, and emerging themes or useful suggestions will be passed on to relevant people.
- know that they are responsible for everything they post;
- avoid displaying personal, sensitive or private information in their comments; and
- ensure that their comments are respectful and relevant to the conversation.
The conversations will have to conform to the general rules of civil and respectful speech. Comments offensive to an individual or an organization, rude or abusive will not be tolerated. The User must be respectful and ensure that his comments are relevant at all times. Anyone contravening these terms may be temporarily or permanently excluded from the HLH. The COH is not required to notify Users of their deactivation.
Various opinions and views are welcome, however the COH reserves the right to edit or remove the following:
- Comments contrary to the principles of the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms.
- Racist, hateful, sexist, homophobic, defamatory, insulting or threatening messages.
- Unfounded, unproven or inaccurate accusations against individuals or organizations.
- Abusive, aggressive, rude, explicit, vulgar, violent, obscene or pornographic comments.
- Comments encouraging or suggesting illegal activities.
- Messages whose sender is not the author (or the copyright owner) and / or posted anonymously.
- Attempts to defraud or defame any individual, group or agency.
- Repetitive messages copied or pasted by multiple users.
- Unintelligible or misplaced messages.
Content deemed to be threatening will be reported to the authorities.
The COH intends to update and moderate the HLH during business hours (9:00 am to 5:00 pm Eastern Time), Monday through Friday. Comments submitted outside of these hours or on the weekend will be read and posted as soon as possible.
The HLH interface is available in English and French. Participants are invited to post their messages in the language of their choice.
The COH offers a platform that respects the privacy of its visitors. This Privacy Notice summarizes the policy and practices for online activities. Users should not share personal information such as their social insurance numbers, private address, phone numbers, and photographs of identifiable individuals.
If the COH decides to collect information about you, such as your name and e-mail, as it appears on your contact form, it will be for statistical reasons and only to improve the delivery of services. Your information will not be sold or disclosed. You will be able to control who sees your details on your contact form. Please note that the COH will use your email to inform you of important changes to the HLH, such as modality changes and deactivation notices.
If you have any questions about your privacy rights, please contact the COH at email@example.com.
The COH agrees to maintain a website available to all Users. If you need our resources in an alternative format, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cancellation of registration
If you no longer wish to have a registration account, you can cancel it by sending an email to email@example.com. If you do not accept these terms or any future changes to these terms, you must stop using the HLH website. Continued use of the HLH website will indicate your continued acceptance of these terms.
If for any reason we believe you have not complied with these terms, we may, in our sole discretion, cancel your access to the registration areas of the HLH website immediately and without notice.